Flat Fee, Fee-Only
What Does Fee-Only Mean?
Fee only advisors do not accept any fees or compensation from brokerage firms, mutual fund companies, or insurance companies. Fee only advisors are compensated solely by their clients and, as a result, are able to provide advice that is free of conflict of interest. Advisors using the fee only compensation structure will vary by advisor (usually charging a percentage of assets under management, hourly, or annual retainer fees).
What is a Flat Fee Structure?
Flat fee structure protects you, the investor. Instead of charging a fee that is based on a percentage of assets under management, flat fee advisors utilize a cost-effective
compensation structure by charging a fixed dollar amount (flat fee). This approach yields exceptional advantages to high net worth investors, by not penalizing them for having larger accounts.
FPL Capital Management is one of the few flat fee, fee-only advisory firms in the nation. Unlike other flat fee advisors who only offer model portfolios to their clients, we have the ability to offer customized portfolios and comprehensive wealth management services. This value added service has allowed us to become one of the nation’s premier flat fee advisors. We believe in being fair and equitable to every client, regardless of the size of their portfolio. Annual advisory fees range between $1,000 and $10,000 (as determined by your desired level of service and customization).
Advantages of flat fee, fee-only investing:
- Objective advice, free of conflict of interest
- Significant reduction in annual fees for larger accounts
- Ability to generate above average performance and accept lower levels of risk
- Clients are not locked into an investment or advisory contract
- Complete transparency of investments and fees
- Total portability – clients can easily remove us as their advisor, while keeping their accounts with the custodian of their choice